ItemGrabber’s Privacy Commitment
ItemGrabber has worried about customer and user privacy for more than 20 years, long before it became fashionable, politically correct, or legally binding to take such a position. We ask for only the least amount of information necessary, gathering only what we believe is essential for doing business, or for the specific transaction at hand. We let customers know the information we have on them and allow them to opt out of specific engagements. But, by far, our biggest commitment is that we do not make a single dollar from advertising revenue—never have, never will. This means we avoid the fundamental conflict of interest between gathering customer information and fueling advertising revenue, and the unavoidable compromises in customer privacy that it brings.
The goal of this policy is to make explicit the information we gather on our customers and users, how we will use it, and how we will not. This policy is unfortunately longer than we would like, but we must unambiguously address all the relevant cases. We will try and keep the language simple and direct as much as possible.
- Part I – Information ItemGrabber collects and processes as a business
This part deals with how ItemGrabber collects and uses information about website visitors, potential customers, users of ItemGrabber’s products and services, and others who contact ItemGrabber through forms or email addresses published on or linked to our websites.
- Part II – Information that ItemGrabber processes as a service provider
This part deals with how ItemGrabber handles data that you entrust to ItemGrabber when you use our products and services, or when you share any personal or confidential information with us while requesting customer support.
- Part III – General
Part I – Information ItemGrabber collects and processes as a business
|Categories of Personal Information||Does ItemGrabber collect?||Collected in past 12 months||Disclosure for a business purpose||Disclosure for a business purpose in past 12 months||Does ItemGrabber sell?||Sold in past 12 months|
|B||Categories of PI described in Section 1798.80(e)||YES||YES||YES||YES||NO||NO|
|C||Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO|
|F||Internet or other electronic network activity information||YES||YES||YES||YES||NO||NO|
|H||Audio, visual or similar information||YES||YES||YES||YES||NO||NO|
|I||Professional or employment related information||YES||YES||YES||YES||NO||NO|
|J||Non-public education information (as per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Sec. 1232g; 34 C.F.R. Part 99))||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO|
|K||Inferences drawn from other personal information to create a profile about a consumer.||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO|
What information ItemGrabber collects
We collect information about you only if we need the information for some legitimate purpose. ItemGrabber will have information about you only if:
- you have provided the information yourself,
- ItemGrabber has automatically collected the information, or
- ItemGrabber has obtained the information from a third party.
Information that you provide us
- Account signup: When you sign up for an account to access one or more of our services, we ask for information like your name, contact number, email address, company name and country to complete the account signup process. You’ll also be required to choose a unique username and a password for accessing the created account. You may also provide us with more information such as your photo, time zone and language, but we don’t require that information to sign up for an account. After signing up, you will have the option of choosing a security question and an answer to the security question — if you provide these, they will be used only while resetting your password.
- Event registrations and other form submissions: We record information that you submit when you (i) register for any event, including webinars or seminars, (ii) subscribe to our newsletter or any other mailing list, (iii) submit a form in order to download any product, whitepaper, or other materials, (iv) participate in contests or respond to surveys, or (v) submit a form to request customer support or to contact ItemGrabber for any other purpose.
- Payment processing: When you buy something from us, we ask you to provide your name, contact information, and credit card information or other payment account information. When you submit your card information, we store the name and address of the cardholder, the expiration date and the last four digits of the credit card number. We do not store the actual credit card number. For quick processing of future payments, if you have given us your approval, we may store your credit card information or other payment information in an encrypted format in the secured servers of our
- Testimonials: When you authorize us to post testimonials about our products and services on websites, we may include your name and other personal information in the testimonial. You will be given an opportunity to review and approve the testimonial before we post it. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at [email protected].
- Interactions with ItemGrabber: We may record, analyze and use your interactions with us, including email, telephone, and chat conversations with our sales and customer support professionals, for improving our interactions with you and other customers.
Information that we collect automatically
- Information from browsers, devices and servers: When you visit our websites, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices and servers make available, such as the internet protocol address, browser type, language preference, time zone, referring URL, date and time of access, operating system, mobile device manufacturer and mobile network information. We include these in our log files to understand more about visitors to our websites.
- Information from application logs and mobile analytics: We collect information about your use of our products, services and mobile applications from application logs and in-house usage analytics tools, and use it to understand how your business use and needs can improve our products. This information includes clicks, scrolls, features accessed, access time and frequency, errors generated, performance data, storage utilized, user settings and configurations, and devices used to access and their locations.
Information that we collect from third parties
- Referrals: If someone has referred any of our products or services to you through any of our referral programs, that person may have provided us your name, email address and other personal information. You may contact us at [email protected] to request that we remove your information from our database. If you provide us information about another person, or if another person gives us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
- Information from our reselling partners and service providers: If you contact any of our reselling partners, or otherwise express interest in any of our products or services to them, the reselling partner may pass your name, email address, company name and other information to ItemGrabber. If you register for or attend an event that is sponsored by ItemGrabber, the event organizer may share your information with us. ItemGrabber may also receive information about you from review sites if you comment on any review of our products and services, and from other third-party service providers that we engage for marketing our products and services.
- Information from social media sites and other publicly available sources : When you interact or engage with us on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram through posts, comments, questions and other interactions, we may collect such publicly accessible information, including profile information, to allow us to connect with you, improve our products, or better understand user reactions and issues. We must tell you that once collected, this information may remain with us even if you delete it from the social media sites. ItemGrabber may also add and update information about you, from other publicly available sources.
Purposes for using information
In addition to the purposes mentioned above, we may use your information for the following purposes:
- To keep you posted on new products and services, upcoming events, offers, promotions and other information that we think will be of interest to you;
- To ask you to participate in surveys, or to solicit feedback on our products and services;
- To set up and maintain your account, and to do all other things required for providing our services, such as enabling collaboration, providing website and mail hosting, and backing up and restoring your data;
- To understand how users use our products and services, to monitor and prevent problems, and to improve our products and services;
- To provide customer support, and to analyze and improve our interactions with customers;
- To detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, to report spam, and to protect the rights and interests of ItemGrabber, ItemGrabber’s users, third parties and the public;
- To update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you;
- To analyze trends, administer our websites, and track visitor navigations on our websites to understand what visitors are looking for and to better help them;
- To monitor and improve marketing campaigns and make suggestions relevant to the user.
Your choice in information use
- Opt out of non-essential electronic communications: You may opt out of receiving newsletters and other non-essential messages by emailing [email protected]. However, you will continue to receive notices and essential transactional emails.
- Disable cookies: You can disable browser cookies before visiting our websites. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use certain features of the websites properly.
- Optional information: You can choose not to provide optional profile information such as your photo. You can also delete or change your optional profile information. You can always choose not to fill in non-mandatory fields when you submit any form linked to our websites.
Who we share your information with
Employees and independent contractors
Third-party service providers
We may need to share your personal information and aggregated or de-identified information with third-party service providers that we engage, such as marketing and advertising partners, event organizers, web analytics providers and payment processors. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Other scenarios in which we may share the same information covered under Parts I and II are described in Part III.
Your rights with respect to information we hold about you as a business
You have the following rights with respect to information that ItemGrabber holds about you. ItemGrabber undertakes to provide you the same rights no matter where you choose to live.
Right to access:
You have the right to access (and obtain a copy of, if required) the categories of personal information that we hold about you, including the information’s source, purpose and period of processing, and the persons to whom the information is shared.
Right to rectification:
You have the right to update the information we hold about you or to rectify any inaccuracies. Based on the purpose for which we use your information, you can instruct us to add supplemental information about you in our database.
Right to erasure:
You have the right to request that we delete your personal information in certain circumstances, such as when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected.
Right to restriction of processing:
You may also have the right to request to restrict the use of your information in certain circumstances, such as when you have objected to our use of your data, but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Right to data portability:
You have the right to transfer your information to a third party in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, in circumstances where the information is processed with your consent or by automated means
Right to object:
You have the right to object to the use of your information in certain circumstances, such as the use of your personal information for direct marketing.
Your rights under CCPA
CCPA provides you five rights, of which two are covered as part of the rights listed above. These two are: right to access of personal information and right to request deletion of personal information. The third is the right to opt-out of sale, which is redundant since we promise not to sell or monetize your data in any way. The fourth right available to you under CCPA is the right against discrimination because you exercised the rights available to you and the fifth is the right to protection against waiver of rights.
You can exercise the rights described above, by sending an email to [email protected] or by writing to:
3835 Atherton Road, STE 1
Rocklin, CA 95765
Only you, or an agent authorized to make a request on your behalf, may make a request related to your personal information.
We cannot respond to your request if, (i) we cannot verify your identity; or (ii) your request lacks sufficient details to help us handle the request. We endeavor to comply with a request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you, in writing, the reason for the delay.
Any information we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the request’s receipt. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Retention of information
Part II – Information that ItemGrabber processes as a service provider
Information entrusted to ItemGrabber and purpose
Information provided in connection with services:
You may entrust information that you or your organization (“you”) control, to ItemGrabber in connection with use of our services or for requesting technical support for our products. This includes information regarding your customers and your employees or data that you hold and use on behalf of another person for a specific purpose, such as a customer to whom you provide services. The data may either be stored on our servers when you use our services or the data transferred or shared to us as part of a request for technical support or other services.
Information from mobile devices:
When you elect to allow it, some of our mobile applications have access to the camera, call history, contact information, photo library, and other information stored on your mobile device. Our applications require such access to provide their services. Similarly, when you elect to provide access, location-based information is also collected for purposes including, but not limited to, locating nearby contacts or setting location-based reminders. This information will be exclusively shared with our mapping providers and will be used only for mapping user locations. You may disable the mobile applications’ access to this information at any time by editing the settings on your mobile device. The data stored on your mobile device and their location information to which the mobile applications have access will be used in the context of the mobile application, and transferred to and associated with your account in the corresponding services (in which case the data will be stored on our servers) or products (in which case the data will remain with you unless you share it with us).
Part III – General
Children’s personal information
Our products and services are not directed to individuals under 16. ItemGrabber does not knowingly collect personal information from children who are under 16 years of age. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you believe that a child under 16 years has provided personal information to us, please write to [email protected] with the details, and we will take the necessary steps to delete the information we hold about that child.
How secure is your information
At ItemGrabber, we take data security very seriously. We have taken steps to implement appropriate administrative, technical & physical safeguards to prevent unauthorized access, use, modification, disclosure or destruction of the information you entrust to us. If you have any concerns regarding the security of your data, we encourage you to write to us at [email protected] with any questions.
Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer
3835 Atherton Road, STE 1
Rocklin, CA 95765
Locations and international transfers
We share your personal information within ItemGrabber. By accessing or using our products and services or otherwise providing personal information or other data to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of your personal information or Data within the United States of America, the European Economic Area (EEA) and other countries where ItemGrabber operates.
Data processing addendum
To enable you to be compliant with the data protection obligations under the CCPA as a business using our services, we are prepared to sign a Data Processing Addendum (DPA). You can request a DPA from ItemGrabber by sending an email to [email protected] or by writing to:
3835 Atherton Road, STE 1
Rocklin, CA 95765
Once we get your request, we’ll forward the DPA to you for your signature.
Do Not Track (DNT) requests
Some internet browsers have enabled ‘Do Not Track’ (DNT) features, which send out a signal (called the DNT signal) to the websites that you visit indicating that you don’t wish to be tracked. Currently, there is no standard that governs what websites can or should do when they receive these signals. For now, we do not take action in response to these signals.
External links on our websites
Blogs and forums
We offer publicly accessible blogs and forums on our websites. Please be aware that any information you provide on these blogs and forums may be used to contact you with unsolicited messages. We urge you to be cautious in disclosing personal information in our blogs and forums. ItemGrabber is not responsible for the personal information you elect to disclose publicly. Your posts and certain profile information may remain even after you terminate your account with ItemGrabber. To request the removal of your information from our blogs and forums, you can contact us at [email protected].
Social media widgets
Our websites include social media widgets such as Facebook “like” buttons and Twitter “tweet” buttons that let you share articles and other information. These widgets may collect information such as your IP address and the pages you navigate in the website, and may set a cookie to enable the widgets to function properly. Your interactions with these widgets are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing them.
Disclosures in compliance with legal obligations
We may be required by law to preserve or disclose your personal information and other data to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements.
Enforcement of our rights
We may disclose personal information and service data to a third party if we believe that such disclosure is necessary for preventing fraud, investigating any suspected illegal activity, enforcing our agreements or policies, or protecting the safety of our users.
We do not intend to sell our business. However, in the unlikely event that we sell our business or get acquired or merged, we will ensure that the acquiring entity is legally bound to honor our commitments to you. We will notify you via email or through a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or in the uses of your personal information and service data. We will also notify you about any choices you may have regarding your personal information and service data.
Notification of changes